GUIDELINES FOR COMMENTS:
1. Please don’t directly insult other users - there is a difference between constructive criticism and a personal attack. Remember, you are commenting on someone's personal work.
2. Racism, sexism, homophobia or any form of hate-speech will not be tolerated.
3. Bad language – ok we all use it from time to time, but not here. This is a creative space so why not find a creative, rather than offensive, way to make your point.
4. Be aware that you may be misunderstood so think carefully about what you say and how you say it. FOR EXAMPLE, CAPITAL LETTERS READ LIKE SHOUTING.
5. We all like a good rant or discussion but please try and keep it relevant to contemporary art and creativity.
GUIDELINES FOR UPLOADING CONTENT:
1. Anything illegal or that incites illegal behaviour will have to be removed.
2. Spam and commercial posts will also be removed. If you want to promote your art – do it with thoughtful discussion and imaginative visuals. It’s much more interesting.
3. Nudity is ok – if it is within the context of your project or discussion, porn is not. We will ask you to remove any images that we deem to be disturbing or inappropriate for the community.
4. Any other images that we feel to be gratuitious or distressing in any way will also have to be removed.
5. Copyright. If it’s not yours and if you don’t have permission to use it then don’t post it. It just gets complicated, trust us.
SOME THOUGHTS ON COMMUNITY:
1. The platform is REcreative’s but the conversation and community belong to everybody. If you spot what looks like a potential problem please notify us and we’ll look into it.
2. Please be respectful of each other and of us, the REcreative team, as we work with you to explore, discuss, develop and celebrate your work.
3. We hope it never comes to this, but if any community member wilfully persists in being a pain with inappropriate comments and/or content and ignores the community standards we will most likely be emailing you.... And then blocking you. We’d rather not have to do that.
4. The REcreative moderators are not here to police you. We’re here to encourage conversation and creation and these guidelines will evolve as the site does. If you’re unsure about anything please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’re here to help.